Volunteers are treasured at Frontera Audubon as we strive to maintain an educational and inspiring natural environment and Visitors' Center with limited funding.
Opportunities for those seeking to give back and participate in creating a sustainable Frontera include:
- Participation in a training session which includes learning the keypoints of the Thicket,
- Leading small group tours,
- Assisting in grounds clean-up,
- Providing staff support in the Center,
- Working in our gift shop,
- Distributing fliers and program information in the community,
- And the perpetual task of cleaning and refilling bird feeders!
There truly is something for everybody. And there is always the opportunity to chat with the birders, the butterflies, and the nature enthusiasts who gather at this special spot in the mid-Valley.
Our history includes the help of many devoted volunteers who find a few hours each week to "schedule Frontera." We appreciate every one of them! If you are interested in joining this group please download our Volunteer Application (pdf) and drop it off at the Visitor's Center, fax to 956-968-1388 or email to email@example.com.